Skip to main contentSkip to main content

    The John L. Schwartz Brewery was one of 29 breweries operating in Buffalo when Prohibition shut off the tap on Western New York’s taste for beer. The brewery stood on a no longer existing portion of Bennett Street between William and Clinton on the East Side.

    Unless there’s an event at KeyBank Center, there aren’t usually a lot of pedestrians at the corner of Michigan and South Park, at the southern edge of the Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino property. People walking are just a small part of a cityscape that is entirely unrecognizable 80 years later. First, there was the name. South Park Avenue was

    Here are a couple of Main Street views from April 1950 and the accompanying Google Street View images as captured over the last few years. Shelton Square You might not even notice the Ellicott Square Building in the very busy 1950 picture of Shelton Square. In today’s photo, it’s the only building standing.   Main and Court A clock

    During the years of the Great Depression, a few hours at the ballpark remained a diversion that thousands of Buffalonians were still able to enjoy. Enjoying some sunshine and the Buffalo Bisons were a great escape from the realities facing most people outside of the confines of Bison Stadium, which was renamed Offermann Stadium after the death of team

    Affiliate